An "A" school another year!
2020 - 2021 school year!!
Thank you to all the Faculty and Staff for your hard work and dedication,
going above and beyond for John I. Smith K-8 Center to achieve this accomplishment!
Dear Falcon Families,
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year!
The JIS staff and I are thrilled to welcome back our students to in-person learning. We have been working endlessly to ensure that our students return to a safe and nurturing environment while providing the best and most interactive learning experiences possible.
This year is significant for JIS as we celebrate 25 years of academic excellence. Over the years, John I. Smith K-8 Center has been recognized by the Miami-Dade County Public Schools District and the community as an established institution that fosters a positive school culture, innovative curriculum and proven success. It is rated an “A” school by the Florida Department of Education, and we continue to soar as we aim to be the highest performing K-8 Center in our community.
As we continue to work together through these unprecedented times, I want to encourage you to continue to support our Falcon Family. Please follow us on our social media channels and website, www.jisk8.com. My hope is that through shared partnerships with students, parents, families and the community, we will overcome challenges and prepare for endless possibilities.
Our theme this year is Stronger Together, because together we will conquer!
Once a Falcon, always a Falcon!
With Respect and Pride,
Information for Parents of Students Under a Stay-Home Directive 2021 - 2022
- Central Regional Office
- City of Doral
- Dadeschools Website
- Mental Health Service - English
- Mental Health Service - Spanish
- Mobile Device Insurance (2021 - 2022)
- Mobile Device Technology Recovery Fees (2021 - 2022)
- Mobile Device Agreement - Student Use (2021 - 2022)
- New Graduation Requirements
- Open House 2021 - 2022
- United Way
- Yearbook Purchase 2021 - 2022
- JIS Parent - Student Handbook 2021 - 2022
- Cambridge Program
- Cyber Bullying - Parents
- ESOL Parent Workshop 2021
- Parents' Bill of Rights
- Parent Portal
- Read-At-Home Intervention Plan - English 2020 - 2021
- Read-At-Home Intervention Plan - Spanish 2020 - 2021
- Student Code of Conduct - Elementary
- Student Code of Conduct - Elementary (Spanish)
- Student Code of Conduct - Secondary
- Student Code of Conduct - Secondary (Spanish)